CS/CS/HB 1231: Process and Service of Process
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Cortes, B.
Process and Service of Process; Provides for service of process when only address discoverable through public records for person to be served is virtual office or executive or mini office suite; provides that orders issued by agencies of other states are not enforceable in certain circumstances.
Last Action: 3/7/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1432 (Ch. 2016-207) -HJ 870
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 103
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 228
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/26/16, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 333
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 331
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 363
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/18/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 518
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 517
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 560
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 1432 -HJ 870
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1432 (Ch. 2016-207) -HJ 870
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.