CS/CS/SB 1386: Insurance Agents
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Banking and Insurance ; Richter
Insurance Agents; Revising a prohibition against a licensed insurance agent from receiving a specified fee or commission for examining any health insurance or any health benefit plan, rather than any group health insurance or any group health benefit plan, for certain purposes; revising amounts of coverage of certain life insurance policies that may be sold by specified persons, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 186
• Introduced -SJ 186
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 246
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 254
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 246
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/08/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 303
• Now in Rules -SJ 303
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/17/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 434
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 439
• Read 2nd time -SJ 462
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 485
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 485
• Immediately certified -SJ 494
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 834
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Received -HJ 834
• Read 2nd time -HJ 875
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 1303 -HJ 875
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 915
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 915
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 838
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-202
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.