HJR 1395: Purchase of Personal Firearms by Qualified Law Enforcement Officers
JOINT RESOLUTION by Avila ; Burgess
Purchase of Personal Firearms by Qualified Law Enforcement Officers; Proposes amendments to State Constitution to remove restrictions on purchase of personal firearms by qualified law enforcement officers.
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 117
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 230
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/25/16, 4:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 288
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 288
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/02/16, 1:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 365
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 365
• Died in Judiciary Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.