CS/CS/SB 1604: Drugs, Devices, and Cosmetics
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Health Policy ; Grimsley
Drugs, Devices, and Cosmetics; Authorizing a certain type of specialty hospital to conduct research on cannabidiol and low-THC cannabis if contracted with the Department of Health to perform such research; providing, revising, and deleting definitions for purposes of the Florida Drug and Cosmetic Act; revising prohibited acts related to the distribution of prescription drugs; providing that a restricted prescription drug distributor permit is not required for distributions between certain pharmacies; providing for the expiration, renewal, and issuance of certain drug, device, and cosmetic product registrations, etc.
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 202
• Introduced -SJ 202
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 246
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 246
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 255
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/25/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 510
• Read 2nd time -SJ 534
• Amendment(s) adopted (577444) -SJ 535
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 535
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 634
• Amendment(s) adopted (506164) -SJ 635
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 28 NAYS 0 -SJ 635
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 894
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/16
• Received -HJ 893
• Read 2nd time -HJ 926
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 1211 -HJ 926
• Amendment(s) adopted (509371, 720097, 914947) -HJ 926
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 943
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 944
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 3 amendment(s) (509371, 720097, 914947) -SJ 1025, 1027
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 1028
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 1028
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-212
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.