CS/SB 180: Trade Secrets
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Richter
Trade Secrets; Including financial information in provisions prohibiting the theft, embezzlement, or unlawful copying of trade secrets; providing criminal penalties, etc.
Last Action: 2/25/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-5, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 182 (Ch. 2016-6)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 16
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 10/05/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 127
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 127
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 11/02/15, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 11/17/15, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Now in Rules -SJ 126
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 12/03/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 126
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/13/16
• Introduced -SJ 16
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 108
• Read 2nd time -SJ 174
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 215
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -SJ 215
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 244
• Received -HJ 244
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/26/16
• Substituted for CS/HB 55 -HJ 281
• Read 2nd time -HJ 281
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 301
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 3 -HJ 301
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 321
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 433
• Approved by Governor -SJ 494
• Chapter No. 2016-5, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 182 (Ch. 2016-6)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.