CS/HB 195: Special Election
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Rodrigues, R. ; Berman ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Costello ; Diaz, J. ; Diaz, M. ; Dudley ; Pafford ; Rader ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; Smith
Special Election; Providing for a special election to be held August 30, 2016, pursuant to Section 5 of Article XI of the State Constitution, for the approval or rejection by the electors of this state of amendments to the State Constitution, proposed by joint resolution, relating to an exemption from the tangible personal property tax for solar or renewable energy source devices, a limitation on the assessed value of real property used for nonresidential purposes for the installation of such devices, and an effective date if such amendments are adopted, etc.
Last Action: 3/28/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-118, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HJR 193 (Passed)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Committee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 21
• On Committee agenda-- Energy and Utilities Subcommittee, 11/17/15, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 160
• Now in Finance and Tax Committee -HJ 160
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 12/01/15, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 163
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 163
• Introduced -HJ 21
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 01/14/16, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 01/21/16, 11:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 317
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 310
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 321
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/10/16
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 423
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 748
• Amendment(s) adopted (367357) -HJ 748
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 848
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 108 NAYS 0 -HJ 849
• In Messages
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 767
• Received -SJ 767
• Withdrawn from Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 792
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 792
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 172 -SJ 792
• Read 2nd time -SJ 792
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 847
• CS passed; YEAS 33 NAYS 6 -SJ 847
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 976
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 1434
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-118, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HJR 193 (Passed)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.