CS/HB 273: Public Records
GENERAL BILL by Government Operations Subcommittee ; Beshears ; Kerner ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Van Zant ; Wood
Public Records; Requires public agency contract for services to include statement providing contact information of public agency's custodian of public records; prescribes form of statement; revises required provisions in public agency contract for services regarding contractor's compliance with public records laws; requires public records request relating to records for public agency's contract for services to be made directly to public agency; requires contractor to provide requested records to public agency or allow inspection or copying of requested records; specifies circumstances under which court must assess & award reasonable costs of enforcement against contractor; specifies sufficient notice; provides that contractor who takes certain actions is not liable for reasonable costs of enforcement.
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 12/02/15, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 166
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to State Affairs Committee -HJ 156
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 156
• Introduced -HJ 27
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 143
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 01/21/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 1 -HJ 251
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 251
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/26/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 278
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 297
• CS passed; YEAS 110 NAYS 7 -HJ 297
• Immediately certified -HJ 302
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Fiscal Policy -SJ 259
• Received -SJ 259
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Fiscal Policy -SJ 269
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 269
• Substituted for CS/SB 390 -SJ 269
• Read 2nd time -SJ 269
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 283
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 1 -SJ 283
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 428
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 640
• Approved by Governor -HJ 928
• Chapter No. 2016-20
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.