SB 294: Labor Regulations
GENERAL BILL by Thompson
Labor Regulations; Providing powers and duties of the executive director of the Department of Economic Opportunity; requiring certain employers to provide employees with paid or unpaid earned sick and safe leave under certain conditions; providing employer and employee requirements; authorizing an employee to file a civil action under certain conditions, etc.
Last Action: 1/26/2016 Senate - Unfavorable by Commerce and Tourism, laid on Table; YEAS 2 NAYS 4 -SJ 247
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 24
• Introduced -SJ 24
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/25/16, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Unfavorable by Commerce and Tourism, laid on Table; YEAS 2 NAYS 4 -SJ 247
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.