CS/CS/HB 431: Fire Safety
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Raburn ; Combee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Beshears ; Raulerson ; Wood
Fire Safety; Revises provisions relating to certain structures located on agricultural property which are exempt from Florida Fire Prevention Code; requires that certain structures used for agritourism activity be classified; provides criteria for such classifications; provides that certain structures are subject to annual inspection; specifies applicable fire prevention standards; requires that State Fire Marshal adopt rules; revises certain dimensions of tent that is exempt from code; requires that State Fire Marshal adopt rules; authorizes local fire official to consider specified publication when identifying an alternative to firesafety code.
Last Action: 3/24/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-83, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 535 (Ch. 2016-129)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 11/18/15, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 162
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 156
• Introduced -HJ 37
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 147
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 01/21/16, 11:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 288
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 283
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 305
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 542
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 575
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 575
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 514
• Received -SJ 514
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 713
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 713
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 822 -SJ 713
• Read 2nd time -SJ 713
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 738
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 739
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 891
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 980
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-83, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 535 (Ch. 2016-129)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.