CS/CS/HB 559: Self-service Storage Facilities
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Business and Professions Subcommittee ; La Rosa ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Moraitis
Self-service Storage Facilities; Provides that advertisement of sale or disposition of property may be advertised on website developed by DFS & CFO; limits liability of CFO; provides that lien sale may be conducted on certain websites; provides that self-service storage facility owner is not required to have license to post property for online sale; deletes required alternative form of advertisement; provides limits for maximum valuation of property; provides options for disposition of motor vehicles or watercraft claimed to be subject to lien; requires specified notice to lienholders & owners of motor vehicles or watercraft subject to lien; requires DFS & CFO to develop, operate, & maintain Internet website for certain purposes; provides for establishment & deposit of fees to cover costs of website; provides rulemaking authority.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Appropriations Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 49
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 12/02/15, 4:00 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 2 -HJ 166
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 156
• Introduced -HJ 49
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 151
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 02/04/16, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 3 -HJ 407
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 402
• CS referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 434
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 434
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/22/16, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall --Temporarily postponed
• Died in Appropriations Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.