CS/HB 587: Public Records/Agency Inspector General Personnel
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Government Operations Subcommittee ; Powell
Public Records/Agency Inspector General Personnel; Provides public records exemption for certain information of current or former personnel & spouses & children of such personnel employed in agency's office of inspector general or internal audit department whose duties include auditing or investigating certain activities that could lead to criminal prosecution or administrative discipline.
Last Action: 3/7/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 752 (Ch. 2016-164) -HJ 886
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 50
• Introduced -HJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 306
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 303
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 321
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/04/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 395
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 395
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 752 -HJ 886
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 752 (Ch. 2016-164) -HJ 886
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.