CS/HB 613: Workers' Compensation System Administration
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Sullivan
Workers' Compensation System Administration; Deletes required item to be listed on notice of election to be exempt; revises specified rules regarding maintenance of business records by an officer of corporation; provides and removes duties of DFS; prohibits application of specified credit unless employer provides specified documentation & proof of payment to department within specified period; revises penalty calculation for imputed weekly payroll for an employee; eliminates certification requirements when expert medical advisor is selected by judge of compensation claims; deletes requirement that employers notify department within 24 hours of any injury resulting in death; revises requirements for filing claim; deletes preferred worker program; deletes notification fees on certain filed claims which supplement Special Disability Trust Fund; deletes fee for certain registration of insurance carriers.
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 54
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/13/16, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 53
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 3 -HJ 232
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 232
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/28/16, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 322
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 322
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 02/04/16, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 407
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 402
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 434
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 662
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 697
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 2 -HJ 697
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 647
• Received -SJ 647
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 631
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 631
• Substituted for CS/SB 986 -SJ 631
• Read 2nd time -SJ 631
• Read 3rd time -SJ 631
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 631
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 723
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 726
• Approved by Governor -HJ 1048
• Chapter No. 2016-56
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.