CS/HB 637: Public Lodging Establishments
GENERAL BILL by Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Porter
Public Lodging Establishments; Revises provisions to prohibit operators of public lodging establishments from refusing accommodations to persons based solely upon their age.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Civil Justice Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Civil Justice Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 55
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 01/12/16, 1:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 55
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 219
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 214
• Now in Civil Justice Subcommittee -HJ 228
• Died in Civil Justice Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.