CS/CS/HB 691: Retail Sale of Dextromethorphan
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Broxson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Eagle ; Gonzalez ; Harrison ; Miller ; Santiago ; Steube
Retail Sale of Dextromethorphan; Prohibits retail sale of finished drug product containing dextromethorphan to person younger than 18 years of age; requires proof of age from purchaser; provides penalties & applicability; preempts local government regulation of dextromethorphan.
Last Action: 3/7/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 938 (Ch. 2016-176) -HJ 876
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 61
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 01/12/16, 1:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 61
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 232
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 227
• Now in Local Government Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 240
• On Committee agenda-- Local Government Affairs Subcommittee, 01/25/16, 12:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 288
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 288
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 02/04/16, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 436
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 431
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 451
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 938 -HJ 876
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 938 (Ch. 2016-176) -HJ 876
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.