SB 7022: OGSR/Depictions or Recordings of the Killing of a Law Enforcement Officer
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice
OGSR/Depictions or Recordings of the Killing of a Law Enforcement Officer; Amending provisions which provide an exemption from public records requirements for a photograph or video or audio recording held by an agency that depicts or records the killing of a person; narrowing the exemption to depictions or recordings of the killing of a law enforcement officer who was acting in accordance with his or her official duties; removing the scheduled repeal of the exemption, etc.
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Submitted for consideration by Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 11/02/15, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 11/17/15, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/25/16, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/01/16, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building -- Submitted as Committee Bill; YEAS 5 NAYS 0
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 308
• Introduced -SJ 308
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/16/16, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Now in Rules -SJ 424
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/24/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 494
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 494
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 713
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 735
• Passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 735
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 894
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/16
• Received -HJ 894
• Read 2nd time -HJ 925
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 942
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 942
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 915
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-214
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.