CS/HB 703: Vessels
GENERAL BILL by Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee ; Workman ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Perry ; Raschein ; Tobia ; Wood
Vessels; Provides that vessel overloading or excessive speed constitutes careless operation of vessel; provides for issuance of safety inspection decals; prohibits law enforcement officers from stopping certain vessels solely to inspect for certain compliance; provides exception.
• Referred to Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 62
• Introduced -HJ 62
• On Committee agenda-- Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee, 02/01/16, 4:00 pm, 116 Knott Building
• CS by Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 3 -HJ 395
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 392
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 405
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/10/16, 10:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 3 -HJ 437
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 437
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 546
• Amendment(s) adopted (181021) -HJ 547
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 579
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 104 NAYS 13 -HJ 579
• In Messages
• Referred to Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Fiscal Policy -SJ 515
• Received -SJ 515
• Withdrawn from Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Fiscal Policy -SJ 780
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 780
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1454 -SJ 780
• Read 2nd time -SJ 780
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 843
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 843
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 977
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 1434
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-134
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.