CS/CS/HB 769: Mental Health Treatment
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Peters ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Pilon ; Rogers
Mental Health Treatment; Provides for continuation of psychotropic medication by forensic & civil facilities for individuals receiving such medication before admission; provides timeframes within which competency & commitment hearings must be held; revises time for dismissal of certain charges for defendants who remain incompetent to proceed to trial; provides exceptions; provides timeframe within which commitment hearings must be held; requires that defendant be transported for such hearing.
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 67
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 01/13/16, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 67
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 220
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 215
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 249
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/09/16, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 437
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 437
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/18/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 519
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 514
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 560
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 617
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 651
• CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 651
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Fiscal Policy -SJ 588
• Received -SJ 588
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Fiscal Policy -SJ 835
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 835
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 862 -SJ 835
• Read 2nd time -SJ 835
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 853
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 853
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 977
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 1434
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-135
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.