CS/SB 960: Protection of Motor Vehicle Dealers’ Consumer Data
GENERAL BILL by Transportation ; Bradley
Protection of Motor Vehicle Dealers’ Consumer Data; Requiring that a licensee or a third party comply with certain restrictions on reuse or disclosure of consumer data received from a motor vehicle dealer; requiring that upon request of a motor vehicle dealer a licensee provide a list of the consumer data obtained and all persons to whom any of the data has been disclosed, subject to certain requirements; requiring the licensee to indemnify the motor vehicle dealer for certain claims or damages, etc.
Last Action: 3/4/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 231 (Ch. 2016-77) -SJ 711
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Transportation; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 72
• Introduced -SJ 72
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 01/20/16, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 239
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/01/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 290
• Now in Rules -SJ 290
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/24/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 494
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 494
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 530
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 711
• Amendment(s) adopted (114530) -SJ 711
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 231 -SJ 711
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 231 (Ch. 2016-77) -SJ 711
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.