HB 473: Intrusion and Burglar Alarms
GENERAL BILL by Sullivan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Avila
Intrusion and Burglar Alarms; Providing an exclusion from the requirement for a verification call prior to alarm dispatch for specified premises under certain circumstances; requiring alarm monitoring companies to make reasonable efforts to inform certain customers of specified rights, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Regulated Industries
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 65
• Introduced -HJ 65
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 03/14/17, 9:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 362
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 362
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/22/17, 9:15 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 26 NAYS 0 -HJ 451
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 451
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 735
• Amendment(s) adopted (475493) -HJ 736
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 762
• Passed as amended; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 762, 763
• In Messages
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 454
• Received -SJ 454
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Regulated Industries
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.