CS/CS/SB 802: Regulated Professions and Occupations
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Passidomo
Regulated Professions and Occupations; Redefining the term “design-build firm”; deleting a requirement that yacht and ship brokers maintain a separate license for each branch office and related fees; redefining the terms“building code administrator,” “building official,” and “building code inspector”; providing requirements for licensure by examination to practice restricted barbering; revising the process by which a business organization obtains the requisite license to perform architectural services, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1021 (Ch. 2017-149) -SJ 650
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 97
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/08/17, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 97
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 174
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 174
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/04/17, 9:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 319
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 324
• Now in Rules -SJ 319
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/28/17, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 602
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 602
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/17
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 602
• Read 2nd time -SJ 649
• Substituted CS/HB 7047 (Died in Senate returning Messages) -SJ 650
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1021 (Ch. 2017-149) -SJ 650
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.