HB 301: Supreme Court Reporting Requirements
GENERAL BILL by White ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fischer ; Metz
Supreme Court Reporting Requirements; Requires Supreme Court to prepare annual report regarding certain cases; specifies data to be included in such report; provides for future legislative review & repeal.
Last Action: 3/22/2017 Senate - In Messages
Location: In messages from House
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 52
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 02/09/17, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 3 -HJ 270
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 270
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/21/17, 4:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 6 -HJ 272
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 272
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/17
• Introduced -HJ 52
• Read 2nd time -HJ 301
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 343
• Passed; YEAS 78 NAYS 37 -HJ 343
• In Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.