CS/CS/HB 773: Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee ; Diaz, M. ; Sprowls ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Avila ; Brodeur ; Burton ; Cortes, B. ; Donalds ; Eagle ; Fischer ; Gruters ; McClain ; Plakon ; Raburn
Education; Revises provisions relating to high school graduation requirements & designations, statewide assessment program, education personnel evaluation procedures, middle grades promotion, virtual education, district school board powers & duties, instructional materials, educator preparation & certification, Just Read, Florida! Office, charter schools, & teacher bonuses; creates study relating to specified assessments; provides appropriations. APPROPRIATION: $19,272,840.00
Last Action: 5/5/2017 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 293 (Ch. 2017-55), CS/CS/HB 989 (Ch. 2017-177), CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 89
• Introduced -HJ 89
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee, 03/14/17, 2:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 369
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 369
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 5 -HJ 492
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 484
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 519
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/24/17, 2:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -HJ 852
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 851
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/17
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 850, 851
• Read 2nd time -HJ 983, 984
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 1030
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 1082
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 293 (Ch. 2017-55), CS/CS/HB 989 (Ch. 2017-177), CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.