CS/CS/HB 1081: Mortgage Lending
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Ingoglia
Mortgage Lending; Revises definition of term "mortgage loan"; provides definition for term "hold himself or herself out to public as being in mortgage lending business."
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Banking and Insurance
Bill Text: PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Rules and Policy Committee; Commerce Committee -HJ 116
• Introduced -HJ 116
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/27/17, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 493
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 486
• Original reference(s) removed: Rules and Policy Committee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 519
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 519
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/19/17, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 27 NAYS 0 -HJ 787
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 784
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 780
• Read 2nd time -HJ 836
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 878
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 878
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Banking and Insurance
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.