CS/CS/HB 747: Mortgage Regulation
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Stark
Mortgage Regulation; Providing an exemption from regulation under parts I and II of ch. 494, F.S., for certain securities dealers, investment advisers, and associated persons; providing a definition for the term "hold himself or herself out to the public as being in the mortgage lending business," etc.
Last Action: 3/12/2018 House - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 86
• Introduced -HJ 86
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/27/17, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -HJ 490
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 489
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 489
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 484
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/06/17, 1:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 603
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 600
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 615
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 841
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 881
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 882
• In Messages
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 487
• Received -SJ 487
• Withdrawn from Regulated Industries; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 647
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 647
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 830 -SJ 647
• Read 2nd time -SJ 647
• Amendment(s) adopted (916400) -SJ 647
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 726
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 726
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (916400) -HJ 1113
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 1 -HJ 1113, 1114
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1114
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received (2018 Regular Session) -HJ 9
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.