CS/HB 1417: Pub. Rec./Identifying Information of Human Trafficking Victims
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; Spano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brown ; Burgess ; Burton ; Edwards ; Fischer ; Yarborough
Pub. Rec./Identifying Information of Human Trafficking Victims; Provides for closed hearings in certain civil actions by victims of human trafficking in certain circumstances; provides for redaction & sealing of information identifying victims of human trafficking; provides exemption from public records requirements for such sealed & redacted information; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 144
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 352
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 431
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 421
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee -HJ 458
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 519
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 519
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/13/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 686
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 686
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/17
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 985
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.