HB 149: Fantasy Contests & Fantasy Contest Operators
GENERAL BILL by Brodeur
Fantasy Contests & Fantasy Contest Operators; Provides fantasy contests & fantasy contest operators are not subject to DBPR regulation; provides such contests conducted by such operators are exempt from specified provisions related to gambling; provides definitions.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 House - Died in Commerce Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; Commerce Committee -HJ 40
• Introduced -HJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 492
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 492
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 04/05/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 591
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 591
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Commerce Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.