CS/HB 163: Public Records
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; Burgess ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Byrd ; Harrell
Public Records; Revises circumstances under which court must assess & award costs of enforcement against agency in civil action to enforce ch. 119, F.S.; specifies circumstances under which complainant is not required to provide written notice of public records request; prohibits assessment & award of costs of enforcement to complainant who acts with improper purpose; requires court to assess & award costs against complainant found to act with improper purpose.
Last Action: 4/19/2017 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 80 (Ch. 2017-21) -HJ 738
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/08/17, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 41
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 316
• Now in Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee -HJ 316
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 429
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 414
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 457
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 04/06/17, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 601
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 601
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 80 -HJ 738
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 80 (Ch. 2017-21) -HJ 738
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.