SB 1636: Taxation of Internet Video Service
GENERAL BILL by Artiles
Taxation of Internet Video Service; Prohibiting, except under certain circumstances, public bodies from levying on or collecting from sellers or purchasers of Internet video services any tax, charge, fee, or other imposition on or with respect to the provision or purchase of Internet video services, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2017 Senate - Withdrawn from further consideration
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities (CU)
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 209
• Introduced -SJ 209
• On Committee agenda-- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities, 03/28/17, 3:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 256
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 256
• Withdrawn from Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations
• Withdrawn from further consideration
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.