CS/CS/HB 169: Fictitious Name Registration
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Careers and Competition Subcommittee ; White
Fictitious Name Registration; Revises information required to register fictitious name; revises requirements for change in registration; revises provisions concerning expiration of registration; prohibits renewal of registration if registered fictitious name is prohibited by specified provisions; specifies additional forms of business organization that may not be required to register; revises provisions concerning penalties for violations; specifies additional terms that may not be included in fictitious name.
• Referred to Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 02/08/17, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 270
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 268
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 268
• Introduced -HJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/09/17, 8:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 260
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 26 NAYS 0 -HJ 354
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 347
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 360
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/29/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 478
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 506
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 507
• In Messages
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 308
• Received -SJ 308
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 617
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 617
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 346 -SJ 617
• Read 2nd time -SJ 617
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 717
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 717
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1098
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-47
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.