CS/HB 221: Transportation Network Companies
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Sprowls ; Grant, J. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Avila ; Eagle ; Fischer ; Jones ; Massullo ; Payne ; Roth ; Toledo ; White ; Williamson
Transportation Network Companies; Providing that a transportation network company (TNC) driver is not required to register certain vehicles as commercial motor vehicles or for-hire vehicles; requiring a TNC to designate and maintain an agent for service of process in this state; providing fare requirements; providing that TNC drivers are independent contractors if specified conditions are met; requiring a TNC to implement a zero-tolerance policy for drug or alcohol use, subject to certain requirements; requiring a TNC to conduct a certain background check for a TNC driver after a specified period; requiring TNC drivers to comply with the nondiscrimination policy and certain applicable laws regarding nondiscrimination and accommodation of service animals, etc.
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 45
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 02/08/17, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -HJ 270
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 270
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 02/21/17, 10:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 1 -HJ 272
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 269
• Introduced -HJ 45
• CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 261
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/29/17
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 476
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 532
• Amendment(s) failed (095807, 761547) -HJ 533
• Amendment(s) adopted (218525, 848583) -HJ 537
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 568
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 568
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 406
• Received -SJ 406
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 423
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 423
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 340 -SJ 423
• Read 2nd time -SJ 423
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 432
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 1 -SJ 432
• Immediately certified
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 744
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-12
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.