SB 262: Health Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Steube
Health Insurance; Deleting a provision that provides that health maintenance organizations are not vicariously liable for certain medical negligence except under certain circumstances; authorizing specified persons to bring a civil action against a health maintenance organization for certain violations; specifying a health maintenance organization’s liability for such violations, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Judiciary
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 55
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/21/17, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 147
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 147
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/07/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 55
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/14/17, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/22/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/28/17, 3:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.