CS/CS/HB 277: Wills and Trusts
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; Grant, J. ; White ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Burgess ; Duran ; Fischer ; Mercado
Wills and Trusts; Creating the "Florida Electronic Wills Act"; specifying requirements that must be satisfied in the execution of electronic wills; authorizing an electronic will of a nonresident of this state which is properly executed in this or another state to be offered for and admitted to probate in this state; specifying requirements for service as a qualified custodian, etc.
Last Action: 6/26/2017 - Vetoed by Governor, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1379 (Ch. 2017-155)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 50
• Introduced -HJ 50
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 03/13/17, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 3 -HJ 372
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 365
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 389
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/20/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 2 -HJ 805
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 805
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 795
• Read 2nd time -HJ 913
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 958, 959
• CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 8 -HJ 959
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 566
• Received -SJ 566
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 553
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 553
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 206 -SJ 553
• Read 2nd time -SJ 553
• Amendment(s) adopted (742124) -SJ 554
• Read 3rd time -SJ 562
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -SJ 562
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) adopted (432393, 763047) -HJ 1111, 1112
• Concurred in Senate amendment(s) as amended (742124) -HJ 1104, 1112
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 73 NAYS 44 -HJ 1112
• In returning messages
• Concurred in House amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) (432393, 763047) -SJ 954
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -SJ 955
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1261
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1379 (Ch. 2017-155)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.