CS/SB 1626: Department of Legal Affairs
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Bradley
Department of Legal Affairs; Authorizing the Statewide Council on Human Trafficking to apply for and accept funds, grants, gifts, and services from various governmental entities or any other public or private source for a specified purpose; providing that the Attorney General has standing to assert the rights of certain qualified beneficiaries in judicial proceedings; revising the conditions under which a trustee may amend the governing instrument of a specified charitable trust to comply with specified provisions of ch. 736, F.S., etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1379 (Ch. 2017-155) -SJ 686
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 208
• Introduced -SJ 208
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/27/17, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 257
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 257
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 270
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/13/17, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 412
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 412
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 05/01/17, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 602
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 602
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 685, 686
• Substituted CS/HB 1379 -SJ 686
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1379 (Ch. 2017-155) -SJ 686
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.