CS/HB 3: Higher Education
GENERAL BILL by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee ; Avila
Higher Education; Revises provisions relating to public postsecondary performance-based incentives, Distinguished Florida College System Institution Program, Board of Governors of the State University System, preeminent state research universities program, articulated acceleration mechanisms, postsecondary common placement testing, block tuition, & specified scholarship & grant programs; creates World Class Faculty & Scholar Program & 2+2 targeted pathway articulation agreements.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 House - Died in Appropriations Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 31
• Introduced -HJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 3:30 pm, Mashburn Hall
• CS by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 3 -HJ 406
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 398
• Original reference(s) removed: Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Appropriations Committee; Education Committee -HJ 601
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 601
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.