CS/HB 339: Motor Vehicle Service Agreement Companies
GENERAL BILL by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; White
Motor Vehicle Service Agreement Companies; Revises qualifications for motor vehicle service agreement company to obtain & maintain license; allows certain entities to cancel service agreements in certain circumstances; provides such cancellations are only valid if authorized.
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 54
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/22/17, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 277
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 269
• Introduced -HJ 54
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/09/17, 8:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 262
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 28 NAYS 0 -HJ 335
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 335
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 736
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 764
• CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 764
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 454
• Received -SJ 454
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 687
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 687
• Substituted for CS/SB 794 -SJ 687
• Read 2nd time -SJ 687
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 882
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 882
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1261
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-99
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.