CS/SB 532: Public Notification of Pollution
GENERAL BILL by Environmental Preservation and Conservation ; Galvano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Stewart ; Benacquisto ; Rouson ; Book ; Young ; Hukill
Public Notification of Pollution; Creating the "Public Notice of Pollution Act"; specifying authority of the Department of Environmental Protection; specifying that the act does not alter or affect the emergency management responsibilities of certain other governmental entities; requiring an owner or operator of an installation at which a reportable pollution release occurred to provide certain information to the department within 24 hours after the discovery of a reportable pollution release, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1018 (Ch. 2017-95)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Environmental Preservation and Conservation (EP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on the Environment and Natural Resources (AEN)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Appropriations Subcommittee on the Environment and Natural Resources; Appropriations -SJ 75
• On Committee agenda-- Environmental Preservation and Conservation, 03/07/17, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 75
• CS by Environmental Preservation and Conservation; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 174
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Environmental Preservation and Conservation read 1st time -SJ 175
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on the Environment and Natural Resources -SJ 174
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on the Environment and Natural Resources, 03/21/17, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on the Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 234
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 234
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 331
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 331
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/13/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 396
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 418
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 418
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1018 (Ch. 2017-95)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.