CS/HB 591: Maximum Class Size
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Massullo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Donalds ; Fischer ; Grall ; McClain ; Renner ; Stevenson ; Yarborough
Maximum Class Size; Revises calculation of school district's class size categorical allocation reduction to school average when maximum class size requirements are not met; requires that specified district plan be posted to district website & provided to specified school advisory councils; authorizes that plan be posted on noncompliant school's website; provides exemption from reduction of school district's class size categorical allocation for specified fiscal years if certain conditions are met.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Education
Bill Text: PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 74
• Introduced -HJ 74
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 03/14/17, 9:30 am, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 2 -HJ 362
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 362
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 3:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 403
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 403
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/23/17, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 458
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 456
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 463
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 541
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 576
• CS passed; YEAS 95 NAYS 22 -HJ 576
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 409
• Received -SJ 408
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.