HB 7007: State Group Insurance Program
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Brodeur
State Group Insurance Program; Authorizes state group insurance program to include additional benefits & for employees to use certain portion of state's contribution to purchase additional & supplemental benefits; requires DMS to develop plan for implementation of benefit levels, submit report, & contract with independent benefits consultant & entity that provides comprehensive pricing & certain inclusive services; directs DMS to provide premium alternatives to Governor & Legislature by specified date; provides criteria for calculating premium alternatives; provides appropriation & authorizes positions. APPROPRIATION: $658,762.00
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 7022 (Ch. 2017-88)
Bill Text: PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 251
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 03/08/17, 3:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 251
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 9 -HJ 335
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 335
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/22/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 412
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 442
• Passed; YEAS 77 NAYS 37 -HJ 442
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 297
• Received -SJ 297
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/24/17, 3:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable with 8 amendment(s) by Governmental Oversight and Accountability (691160, 611870, 612856, 969732, 919800, 964332, 538286, 203288); YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 442
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Rules
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 483
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 05/01/17, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 7022 (Ch. 2017-88)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.