CS/CS/HB 7057: Civic Literacy
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee ; PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee ; Raburn ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Avila
Civic Literacy; Designates month of September annually as "American Founders' Month"; revises priorities of Florida's K-20 education system & duties of Just Read, Florida! Office; encourages public schools to coordinate certain instruction with American Founders' Month; requires postsecondary students to demonstrate competency in civic literacy & provides requirements therefor; provides for appointment of faculty committee; requires committee to develop or revise certain courses & establish specified course competencies.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Rules, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Bill Text: PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Introduced -HJ 330
• Referred to PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 494
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 488
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 519
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 604
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 601
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 615
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 729
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 753
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 753
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 461
• Received -SJ 461
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Rules, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.