HJR 7105: Increased Homestead Property Tax Exemption
JOINT RESOLUTION by Ways and Means Committee ; La Rosa ; Jacquet ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Avila ; Cortes, B. ; Diaz, J. ; Fitzenhagen ; Metz ; Nunez ; Plakon ; Roth
Increased Homestead Property Tax Exemption; Proposing amendments to the State Constitution to increase the homestead exemption by exempting the assessed valuation of homestead property greater than $100,000 and up to $125,000 for all levies other than school district levies, etc.
Bill Text: PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Introduced -HJ 586
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 746
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 818
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 857, 858
• Passed; YEAS 81 NAYS 35 -HJ 858
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 529
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/28/17, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Received -SJ 529
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Rules (507120); YEAS 9 NAYS 2 -SJ 562
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 562
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 545
• Amendment(s) adopted (507120) -SJ 545
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 587
• Amendment(s) failed (534662, 822134, 959058) -SJ 588
• Passed as amended; YEAS 28 NAYS 10 -SJ 590
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (507120) -HJ 1069, 1075
• Passed as amended; YEAS 83 NAYS 35 -HJ 1076
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1076
• Signed by Officers and filed with Secretary of State, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7107 (Ch. 2017-35)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.