CS/HB 749: Adoption Benefits
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Combee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Cortes, B. ; Plakon
Adoption Benefits; Revises definition of term "qualifying adoptive employee" to include employees of charter schools & Florida Virtual School for purpose of extending state employee adoption benefits to such employees; provides for retroactive application; requires such employees to apply to their school directors to obtain monetary benefits; requires CFO to transfer funds for such purpose.
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 86
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 03/08/17, 12:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 86
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 354
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 348
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 360
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/21/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 423
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 423
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 03/30/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 521
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 521
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 728
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 750, 751
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 751
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 457
• Received -SJ 457
• Withdrawn from Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 598
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 598
• Substituted for CS/SB 780 -SJ 598
• Read 2nd time -SJ 598
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 661
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 661
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1099
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-140
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.