CS/CS/SB 784: Motor Vehicles
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Transportation ; Gainer ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rouson
Motor Vehicles; Authorizing a court to order placement of an ignition interlock device as a condition of probation, subject to certain requirements; revising provisions relating to federal regulations to which owners and drivers of commercial motor vehicles are subject; providing an exemption, beginning on a specified date, of a certain fee for vehicles registered under the International Registration Plan; providing for reimbursement to the department of tuition and other course expenses for certain training under certain circumstances; requiring the department to make available, upon request, a report to each school district of certain information of each student whose driving privileges have been suspended under this section, etc.
Last Action: 5/4/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 467 (Ch. 2017-85) -SJ 760
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 95
• Introduced -SJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/22/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 258
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 258
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 263
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 04/18/17, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 443
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 443
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 05/01/17, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -SJ 750
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 750
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/04/17
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 750
• Read 2nd time -SJ 759
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 545 (Died in House returning Messages) -SJ 760
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 467 (Ch. 2017-85) -SJ 760
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.