CS/SB 872: Consumer Finance Loans
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Rouson
Consumer Finance Loans; Establishing the Access to Responsible Credit Pilot Program within the Office of Financial Regulation; prohibiting a person from certain activities relating to program loans unless the person obtains a pilot program license from the office; providing requirements for and limitations on program loans; requiring arrangements between a program licensee and a referral partner to be specified in a written agreement; requiring the office to examine program licensees at specified intervals beginning on a specified date, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 102
• Introduced -SJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/27/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 257
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 265
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 257
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 04/13/17, 2:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 5 NAYS 3 -SJ 424
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 424
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.