CS/CS/HB 937: Warnings for Lottery Games
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee ; Sullivan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Cortes, B. ; Plakon
Warnings for Lottery Games; Requiring the Department of the Lottery to provide a specified warning in advertisements or promotions of lottery games; requiring contracts entered into between the department and a vendor of lottery tickets to include a provision that requires the vendor to place or print a specified warning on all lottery tickets, etc.
Last Action: 6/26/2017 - Vetoed by Governor
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 104
• Introduced -HJ 104
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 493
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 486
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 519
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 519
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/19/17, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 26 NAYS 2 -HJ 786
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 784
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 780
• Read 2nd time -HJ 823
• Amendment(s) adopted (796295) -HJ 823
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 861
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 111 NAYS 3 -HJ 861
• In Messages
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 490
• Received -SJ 490
• Withdrawn from Regulated Industries; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 789
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 789
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1370 -SJ 789
• Read 2nd time -SJ 789
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 899
• Amendment(s) adopted (949616) -SJ 899
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 23 NAYS 15 -SJ 899
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (949616) -HJ 1153
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 3 -HJ 1153
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1154
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.