SB 940: Growth Management
GENERAL BILL by Perry ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bean
Growth Management; Requiring local governments to address the protection of private property rights in their comprehensive plans; requiring the comprehensive plan to include a private property rights element that sets forth principles, guidelines, standards, and strategies to achieve certain objectives; requiring the state land planning agency to approve the private property rights element adopted by each local government if it is substantially in a specified form, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Environmental Preservation and Conservation
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Environmental Preservation and Conservation (EP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Rules -SJ 107
• Introduced -SJ 107
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/03/17, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 291
• Now in Environmental Preservation and Conservation -SJ 291
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Environmental Preservation and Conservation
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.