HJR 999: Impeachment and Suspension of State Attorneys and Public Defenders
JOINT RESOLUTION by Toledo
Impeachment and Suspension of State Attorneys and Public Defenders; Amends State Constitution to authorize House of Representatives to impeach state attorneys & public defenders for misdemeanors in office & subject them to trial by Senate, if impeached, & preserve Governor's existing authority to suspend state attorneys & public defenders from office.
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; Judiciary Committee; Rules and Policy Committee -HJ 108
• Introduced -HJ 108
• On Committee agenda-- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee, 03/16/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 1 -HJ 391
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 391
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.