HB 57: Appointment of Attorneys for Dependent Children with Special Needs
GENERAL BILL by White ; Williams ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Geller ; Killebrew
Appointment of Attorneys for Dependent Children with Special Needs; Designates act as "Pro Bono Matters Act of 2018"; requires payment of due process costs of litigation of all pro bono attorneys appointed to represent dependent children with special needs, subject to appropriation & review.
Last Action: 1/18/2018 House - Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/24/18
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 18
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 10/25/17, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 251
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 251
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 12/06/17, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 258
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 258
• Introduced -HJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/11/18, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 319
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 319
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/24/18
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.