SB 780: Prohibition Against Contracting with Scrutinized Companies
Prohibition Against Contracting with Scrutinized Companies; Prohibiting a company that is on the Scrutinized Companies that Boycott Israel List or that is engaged in a boycott of Israel from bidding on, submitting a proposal for, or entering into or renewing a contract with an agency or local governmental entity for goods or services of any amount; requiring such contracts entered into or renewed on or after July 1, 2018, to include a provision authorizing termination of the contract under specified circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 2/28/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to HB 545 -SJ 408
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 61
• Introduced -SJ 61
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/16/18, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 161
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 161
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 02/08/18, 12:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 8 NAYS 2 -SJ 348
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 348
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/15/18, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 353
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 353
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18 -SJ 409
• Read 2nd time -SJ 407
• Substituted HB 545 -SJ 408
• Laid on Table, refer to HB 545 -SJ 408
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.