CS/SB 1318: Licensing and Training
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Rouson
Licensing and Training; Authorizing a person to seek a declaratory statement from an agency as to the effect of the person’s criminal background on his or her eligibility for certain licenses, registrations, or certificates; prohibiting the conviction of a crime before a specified date from being grounds for the denial of a certification under certain circumstances; authorizing the Department of Corrections to contract with certain entities to provide educational services for the Correctional Education Program, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1201 (Ch. 2018-104) -SJ 914
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 152
• Introduced -SJ 152
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/29/18, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 226
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/14/18, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 354
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/18, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 564
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 564
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 566
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/18 -SJ 967
• Read 2nd time -SJ 913
• Amendment(s) adopted (780664) -SJ 914
• Substituted HB 1201 -SJ 914
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1201 (Ch. 2018-104) -SJ 914
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.