CS/CS/SB 1392: Criminal Justice
Criminal Justice; Requiring the Department of Corrections to include information in its annual report on inmate admission based on offense type and recidivism rate; encouraging local communities and public or private educational institutions to implement prearrest diversion programs for certain offenders; requiring each pretrial release program to include in its annual report the types of criminal charges of defendants accepted into a pretrial release program, the number of defendants accepted into a pretrial release program who paid a bail or bond, the number of defendants accepted into a pretrial release program with no prior criminal conviction, and the number of defendants for whom a pretrial risk assessment tool was used or was not, etc. APPROPRIATION: $1,750,000.00
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 164
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/22/18, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 164
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 205
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 213
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 205
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/14/18, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 354
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/18, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 1 -SJ 409
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 409
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/18 -SJ 435
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 412
• Read 2nd time -SJ 425
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 557
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 558
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 946
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18
• Received -HJ 946
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1014, 1015
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 1197 -HJ 1015
• Amendment(s) adopted (711177) -HJ 1015, 1016
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1056
• Amendment(s) adopted (307641) -HJ 1056, 1064
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 1064
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (299739) -SJ 1050
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 1 -SJ 1050
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 1050
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-127
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.